ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE OPENING OF AN INTERNATIONAL SELECTION TENDER PROCEDURE FOR DOCTORATE HIRING PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 23 OF DECREE-LAW NO. 57/2016 OF 29 AUGUST
Internal reference: ISPUP_I
- The meeting of the Board of Directors of Instituto de Saúde Pública da Universidade do Porto (ISPUP) deliberated the opening of an international selection tender for 1 vacancy for candidates with a doctorate degree to perform duties of scientific research in the scientific area of Social Sciences, under a work contract with non-fixed term, in order to develop research activities, and research projects, within the scientific areas of Social Studies of Science and Technology and in Migration and Health.
- Applicable Legislation.
Decree-Law no. 57/2016 of 29 August, which approved the doctorate hiring regime destined to stimulate scientific and technological employment for all knowledge areas (RJEC).
- Pursuant to article 13 of RJEC, the tender selection panel shall be formed by:
- Prof. Doctor Henrique Barros
- Prof.ª Doctor Susana Silva
- Prof. Doctor Pedro Oliveira
- Workplace shall be at ISPUP – Rua das Taipas, 135, 4050-600 Porto.
- Monthly remuneration to be paid is the remuneration set by article 23 (3) of RJEC, corresponding to level 8 of the Single Salary Table, approved by Order no. 1553-C/2008 of December 31st, i.e. 1,870.88 Euros.
- Any national, foreign and stateless candidate(s) who holds a doctorate degree in Social Sciences or related scientific area and a scientific and professional curriculum whose profile is suited for the activity to be performed can submit their applications. In the event that the doctorate degree was awarded by a foreign higher education institution, said degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12 October, and all formalities established therein must be complied with at the application deadline.
- The tender admission requirements are:
General: Ph.D. Degree.
- Experience in the field of social studies of science and technology focusing on citizen participation and reproductive technologies, and in the field of migration and health;
- Experience and autonomy with the use of qualitative methodologies;
- Participation in research projects.
- Pursuant to article 5 of RJEC, selection is to be made based on candidate’s scientific and curricular record evaluation.
- The evaluation of the scientific and curricular record is based on relevance, quality and timeliness:
a) Of scientific, technological, cultural or artistic production in the last five years, deemed most relevant by the candidate;
b) Of research activities, applied or based on practical work, developed in the last five years, deemed most impactful by the candidate;
c) Of knowledge extension and dissemination activities developed in the last five years, namely under the scope of the promotion of culture and scientific practices, deemed most relevant by the candidate.
- The five-year period mentioned above can be extended by the panel, if requested by the candidate, whenever the suspension of scientific activities is reasoned by socially protected grounds like paternity leave, long-term serious illness, and other legal situations of unavailability to work.
- Evaluation criteria to be weighed in the following way:
- Degree in Psychology and Ph.D. in the field of Social Sciences (15%);
- Interdisciplinary academic training in various universities (15%)
- Participation in research projects in the following fields: 1) social studies of science and technology, with preference for experience on themes related to citizen participation in reproductive technologies; and 2) migration and health (30%);
- Publications in indexed peer-reviewed international journals (20%);
- Teaching experience at graduate level in public health specialization courses and in migration and health (15%);
- Excellent written and oral command of the Portuguese and English languages (5%).
- The candidates’ final classification shall be given based on a scale of 0-100. If necessary, the candidates will be invited for an interview, for a maximum of 3 candidates.
- The panel shall deliberate by means of roll-call vote justified under adopted and disclosed selection criteria, with no abstentions allowed.
- Minutes of panel meetings shall be executed and shall include a summary of all occurrences of said meeting, as well as of all votes casted by the members and respective reasoning, and shall be provided to candidates whenever required.
- After selection criteria application, the panel shall prepare a sorted list of approved candidates and respective classification.
- Panel’s final decision shall be validated by the leader of the institution, who is also in charge of deciding about the hiring.
- Application formalization:
17.1 Applications are formalized upon application sent to the President of the Panel, including internal reference, full name, parents’ names, ID card, or Citizen Card number and date, or civil identification number, taxpayer ID number, date and place of birth, marital status, occupation, residence and contact address, including email address and telephone.
17.2 Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for tender admission, namely:
a) Copys of certificates or diplomas;
b) Curriculum vitae, detailed and structured pursuant to sections 9 and 11;
c) Brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years (maximum 1 p.), according to Article 5 (2) RJEC and item 9 of this notice;
d) Motivation letter;
e) Other documentation relevant for the evaluation of qualifications in a related scientific area.
17.3 Candidates shall submit their application files and supporting documentation, in a digital form, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person in the Rua das Taipas, 135, 4050-600 Porto, in working hours, from 20th February to 31st March 2017.
- All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
- False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
- Both admitted and excluded candidate lists and final classification list shall be published in the website of the Institute and the selected candidate shall be notified by email.
- Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline
After publication, all candidates have 10 working days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 2 working days, from response period deadline.
- This tender is exclusively destined to fill this specify vacancy and can be terminated at any time until approval of final candidate list, expiring with the respective occupation of said vacancy.
- Non-discrimination and equal access policy: ISPUP actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
- The panel has approved this announcement in meeting held on 25/01/2017.
- Pursuant to Decree-Law no. 29/2001 of 3 February, disabled candidates shall be preferred in a situation of equal classification, and said preference supersedes any legal preferences. Candidates must declare, on their honor, their respective disability degree, type of disability and communication/expression means to be used during selection period on their application form, under the regulations above.
ATA DA REUNIÃO DA COMISSÃO DE SELEÇÃO PARA A CONTRATAÇÃO DE DOUTORADO(A), NO ÂMBITO DO REGIME DESTINADO A ESTIMULAR O EMPREGO CIENTÍFICO E TECNOLÓGICO EM TODAS AS ÁREAS DO CONHECIMENTO (RJEC).
No dia 20 de Abril de 2017, reuniu no Instituto de Saúde Pública da Universidade do Porto, a comissão de seleção do concurso acima descrito (Henrique Barros, Susana Silva e Pedro Oliveira) a fim de proceder à avaliação e seleção dos candidatos, de acordo com os termos e critérios definidos no edital do concurso.
Foram rececionadas oito candidaturas. Após a apreciação da documentação, verificou-se que os candidatos abaixo indicados foram excluídos por incumprimento dos requisitos académicos e profissionais definidos em edital - a) grau de doutor(a) na área das Ciências Sociais; b) experiência na área dos estudos sociais da ciência e tecnologia em temas relacionados com participação cidadã em tecnologias reprodutivas, e na área da saúde e migrações; c) experiência e autonomia na aplicação de metodologias qualitativas; e d) experiência de participação em projetos de investigação:
- André Cardoso Louro
- Eliana Marisa Araújo da Silva
- Íris Martins Oliveira
- Manuella Castelo Branco Pessoa
- Marta dos Santos Nogueira Gonçalves Pimenta de Brito
- Mónica de Melo Freitas
- Ximene Bárbara Alves Fernandes Rêgo
A candidata Cláudia Susana Soares de Freitas cumpriu os requisitos de admissão e procedeu-se à avaliação curricular conforme tabela abaixo.
Nome do candidato
Avaliação curricular (0-100)
Cláudia Susana Soares de Freitas
A comissão decidiu atribuir a bolsa à candidata Cláudia Susana Soares de Freitas.
Os candidatos dispõem do prazo de 10 dias úteis, a contar da data de publicação, para dizer, por escrito, caso o entendam, o que se lhes oferecer sobre a decisão do júri de seleção responsável, relativa à lista de classificação. Qualquer alegação deve ser dirigida ao Presidente de Júri e enviada para a secretaria que encaminhará ao Presidente de Júri. O processo do concurso poderá ser consultado no local acima mencionado, dentro do mesmo prazo, em qualquer dia útil, das 10 às 12 horas e das 14 às 16 horas.
Nada mais havendo a tratar, deu-se por encerrada a reunião, da qual se lavrou a presente ata que, para sua inteira fé e validade, vai ser assinada por todos os membros do júri de seleção.