Prazo de abertura do concurso: 1 de 21 de Junho de 2018.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF A TENDER FOR THE INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT OF A POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 23 OF DECREE-LAW 57/2016 OF 29 AUGUST, WITH THE WORDING GIVEN BY LAW 57/2017 OF 19 JULY
- At the meeting of the Board of Directors of Instituto de Saúde Pública da Universidade do Porto (hereinafter to as ISPUP), it was decided to open an international tender for the recruitment of 1 candidate with a doctorate degree to perform duties of scientific research in the scientific area of Public Health, under a work contract with non-fixed term according to the Labour Code, in order to develop research activities, coordination and development of research projects, within the scientific areas of Epidemiology Social, namely biology of social adversity, health inequalities and violence.
- Applicable Legislation.
Decree-Law no. 57/2016, of 29 August, as emended by Law no. 57/2017, of July 19, which approves the doctorate hiring regime destined to stimulate scientific and technological employment for all knowledge areas (“RJEC”); and the Labour Code, approved by Law no. 7/2009, of 12 february, in its current wording.
- Tenders are opened under Article 13 of “RJEC”, the tender selection panel shall be formed by:
- President of the panel: José Henrique Dias Pinto Barros, President of the Instituto de Saúde Pública da Universidade do Porto
- Panel member: Susana Manuela Ribeiro Dias Silva, Principal Investigator at Instituto de Saúde Pública da Universidade do Porto
- Panel member: Maria Isabel Correia Dias, Associate Professor at Faculdade de Letras da Universidade do Porto
- The workplace was located at ISPUP – Rua das Taipas, 135, 4050-600 Porto.
- Pursuant to article 15 ( 1, item a) of “RJEC”, the contract is remunerated according to TRU remuneration level 33 (2.128,34 Euro)
- This tender is open to Portuguese citizens, nationals of other countries and stateless candidates who hold a doctorate degree in Public Health and a scientific and professional curriculum whose profile is suited for the activity to be performed.
In the case of doctoral degrees awarded by a non-Portuguese higher education institution, said degree must comply with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 341/2007 of 12 October, and all formalities established therein must be complied with at the application deadline.
- The tender admission requirements are:
a) To have a solid set of publications as full text papers in international journals;
b) To have participated as Principal Investigator of funded projects in the scientific area of interest;
c) To be integrated in international networks dedicated to epidemiological research;
d) To have experience in the orientation of master and doctoral students in the areas of epidemiology and public health.
- Pursuant to article 5 of “RJEC”, selection is to be made based on candidate’s scientific and curricular record evaluation.
- The assessment of applicants’ scientific and curricular pathways will take into account the relevance, quality and timeliness:
a) Of scientific, technological, cultural or artistic production in the last five years, deemed most relevant by the candidate;
b) Of research activities, applied or based on practical work, developed in the last five years, deemed most impactful by the candidate;
c) Of knowledge extension and dissemination activities developed in the last five years, namely under the scope of the promotion of culture and scientific practices, deemed most relevant by the candidate.
- The five-year period mentioned above can be extended by the panel, if requested by the candidate, whenever the suspension of scientific activities is reasoned by socially protected grounds like paternity leave, long-term serious illness, and other legal situations of unavailability to work.
- The evaluation and ranking criteria are as follows:
C1) Scientific production considering number and impact factor of publications and the intrinsic relevance for the position in this tender;
C2) Leadership competency in research considering the coordination and participation in research projects evaluated by national and international entities that are related to the post in tender;
C3) Leadership competency in advance training, namely teaching activities, supervision and capacity of attracting Master and PhD students for research projects under her/his coordination
The final classification (FC) will be the following:
- The candidates’ final classification will be expressed on a scale of 0 to 100 points. If necessary, the candidates will be invited for an interview, for a maximum of 3 candidates, only to clarify some aspects related with results of research.
- The panel shall deliberate by means of roll-call vote justified under adopted and disclosed selection criteria, with no abstentions allowed.
- Minutes of panel meetings shall be executed and shall include a summary of all occurrences of said meeting, as well as of all votes casted by the members and respective reasoning, and shall be provided to candidates whenever required.
- After selection criteria application, the panel shall prepare a sorted list of approved candidates and respective classification.
- Panel’s final decision shall be validated by the leader of the institution, who is also in charge of deciding about the hiring.
- Application formalization:
17.1 Applications are formalized upon application sent to the President of the Panel, including internal reference, full name and contact address, including email address and telephone.
17.2 Applications shall include all supported documents encompassed by section 6 and 7 for tender admission, namely:
a) Copys of certificates or diplomas;
b) Curriculum vitae, detailed and structured pursuant to sections 9 and 11;
c) Brief description of the most relevant scientific activities of the last 5 years (maximum 1 p.), according to Article 5 (2) RJEC and item 9 of this notice;
d) Motivation letter;
e) Other documentation relevant for the evaluation of qualifications in a related scientific área (if applicable).
17.3 Candidates shall submit their application files and supporting documentation, in a digital form, in PDF format, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at Rua das Taipas, 135, 4050-600 Porto, in working hours, from 1st June 2018 and 21st of June 2018.
- All candidates who formalize their applications in an improper way or fail to prove the requirements imposed by this tender are excluded from admission. In case of doubt, the panel is entitled to request any candidate to present further documentation supporting their statements.
- False statements provided by the candidates shall be punished by law.
- Both admitted and excluded candidate lists and final classification list shall be communicated and notified by email, and the final classification list will be posted at the premises located at Rua das Taipas, 135, 4050-600 Porto.
- Preliminary Hearing and Final Decision Deadline: After publication, all candidates have 10 working days to respond. Panel’s final decisions are pronounced within a period of 5 working days, from response period deadline.
- This tender is exclusively destined to fill this specify vacancy and can be terminated at any time until approval of final candidate list, expiring with the respective occupation of said vacancy.
- Non-discrimination and equal access policy: ISPUP actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry, age, sex, sexual preference, marital status, family and economic conditions, instruction, origin or social conditions, genetic heritage, reduced work capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, origin territory, language, religion, political or ideological convictions and union membership.
- The panel has approved this announcement in meeting held on 28/05/2018.
INSTITUTO DE SAÚDE PÚBLICA DA UNIVERSIDADE DO PORTO, 28/05/2018
O PRESIDENTE, HENRIQUE BARROS
A ata com a classificação final foi disponibilizada aos candidatos e encontra-se afixada nas instalações do Instituto pelo prazo determinado em edital.